I tried again Colorado mountain scenes and, new, a couple of dog paintings on the tiles I'd made earlier in the year. Both are difficult for me to satisfactorily render using the majolica process. At this point, it would be great to finish 100 paintings at whatever pace. I am focused now more on getting out two gallery orders by the end of the month. They are both small orders, but I want them to be perfect.
Here are the results, most fired, three not yet fired. The unfired ones have a pastel, matte look; fired: shiny, deeper color. In the order of Day 1 - Day 8:
Days 2 & 3: Wilderness outside Crested Butte, CO
Day 4: Forest Path, Tennessee
Day 5: Maroon Bells Creek near Aspen (I had forgotten about hiking up there until going through a box of old photos.)
Days 6 & 7: Sleeping Dogs (one from an email pic, the 2nd our Border Collie)
Day 8: Poppies. This one I took from a painting I saw and so consider it as purely an experiment, not what I would claim as "my" work, even though I do poppies on a lot of my work. I liked the way the blues and greens were combined in the background to form a contrast of shade and sun.
They are each either 6 x 6 x 2 or 8 x 8 x 2, and I started with using the tiles that I made in the beginning before perfecting the technique. May not upload them to my site as I view them as experimental.